Saturday, June 28, 2008

Where do we go from here

Thanks to everyone who came out to the June Green Drinks at Brewbaker's!

The question was asked, "where do you see this going, what is your vision for Green Drinks?" Honestly, I've only thought cursorily about this question until that night, at which point I realized that I would LOVE for Green Drinks to become a safe, nonthreatening environment for all of us eco-minded people in the area to bring our non-eco-minded friends. A place to learn about sustainability techniques, technologies, and challenges, but more importantly, a place to learn about what people right here in the Northern Shenandoah Valley are doing to become more sustainable. As someone else mentioned to me later in the evening, "its great to know that we're not alone in our efforts." She's right! It's great to know that there are others in the Valley that really care about the impact of their actions. To that end, if you are doing green things in your home or your business and you want to share with the rest of us about it, please let me know! If you know of someone else that is tackling a green issue in a refreshing way, again, please let me know! I'd love to see Green Drinks become not just another social hour, but a social hour with a purpose. If it becomes a place that you bring your friends to teach them a little bit about your sustainable mindset, that'd be fabulous too!

Thanks again to everyone who came. I know that I am more encouraged in my green efforts for talking with all of you.

Greening the Valley, one conversation at a time.

No comments: